Sunday 20 March 2016

Boo Decor


Michael's Craft store has burlap covered canvases on sale this past weekend.  Using my b-day gift card (thanks Hubby and kids), I bought one for Boo's room.  Using SCAL, I mocked up an inspirational quoted and then painted it onto the canvas using the vinyl as template.
I did brush the lettering with ModPodge and let it dry before painting the stencil letters.  It did help my letter turn out crisper with less bleeding.  It was perfect though.  I had to mix some canvas coloured paint for some minor touch-ups.  All and all though I would recommend using Modge Podge first.

Michael's also had news print covered canvases out.  I didn't buy any, but it did inspire the cat silhouette.  I bought the wood hanging boards/frames from the Dollarstore.  I thought the bird chipboards would be easy to pull off - NOPE.  So I removed the hanging screws to reverse the board to use the backsides.


 The bird die cut was from an XMas gift card I received and put aside.


No comments:

Post a Comment