Sunday 8 May 2016

Happy Mothers Day

Thrift Store Teacup Succulents - see below for instructions. 

Click on image to read the full post.
To all my family and friends, I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day.
My hubby and kids were extra wonderful to me.  Hannah took a "re-purposed" workshop with "From the Attic Interiors".  She painted me a wonderful wooden candle holder and gorgeous stencil sign.  Anderson painted a beautiful scene on a seashell and they both with the help of daddy bought me a food processor.  Hurray, black bean brownies for everyone!

As an added treat the hubby splurged and bought me cushions for our outdoor furniture sectional we built using wood from our the carport tear down. The sun hasn't cooperated today to take a photo of the furniture.  I will post them in the near future.

Here is my Mother's Day gift for the mom's in my life.  Some of you won't have them in hand until the next time I see you.  I can't wait to find more cups.

Teacup Succulents Recipe.
Difficulty Level: Easy, no husband required
  • Adhesive (E6000 craft adhesive or Silicone adhesive sealant) I didn't use any adhesive, the cup and saucer are not attached.
The masking tape helps the drill bit not slip while the hole is starting. 
For outdoor teacups, drill a hole through the cup and the saucer for drainage.  You can glue the saucer and cup together with clear silicon adhesive sealant or E6000 craft adhesive before drilling.  I opted not to glue them together.  For indoor cups, a hole in the teacup alone should be sufficient.  Succulents prefer to be dry.

Place a few small rocks at the bottom of the cup to promote drainage.  Add succulent and top with Cactus potting mix.

Here's my kids art projects for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment