Monday 20 June 2016

Upcycled Gardening Upcycled Shutters

Refurbished, Re-purposed, Recycled or Upcycled - Whatever, just do it!

I had my eye out for a pair of old shutters for my garden.  We found these louvered closet doors at our local flea market for $10.00 each,  well plus $5.00 for admission, so $25.00. Sadly I knocked over the shutters and crushed the large beautiful Fern trying to get the shutters in place, leaving a big gap in the middle of the garden *sigh*  I think I may shabby chic paint these shutters turquoise.

I originally thought I would use brightly coloured pots for the herbs, but decided I want to bring the herbs in for the winter.  White pots would go better with my kitchen.  HOWEVER, these cute BYGEL plastic pots from IKEA are only 99 cents each, so it's okay to change my mind later on.  The hooks are built right in and easily slide into the louvered panels.  The potted herbs were the most expensive item in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment