Monday 25 December 2017

Camera Pilow - Click on image for more details

The image was a google search "camera clip art"

Decor on the cheap.  I had this fabric gifted to me from my mother in law, I think it was from a "shy baby" kit.  The pillow form I stole from my bedroom pillows, which to tell the truth are always stuffed in the closet except once and a while when I have company. LOL

I created this Camera pillowcase cover using the Liquid Medium and Acrylic paint technique found in this previous post of mine.

Originally I was going to try making a DIY fabric transfer using wax paper.  You have to flip the image for this technique.  Needless to say it did't work, because I only had parchment paper.  So I decided, what the hey, I'll just paint it.  Not until I was half way done painting did it occur to me that I forgot to undo the image flip, so anyone familiar with camera's will catch that this camera is backwards... oops.  LOL

I used equal parts acrylic paint with transparent liquid medium.
I cut out the regular photocopy or printed image with a craft knife and traced onto the fabric.  I just used a regular sheet of 8.5 x 11 printer paper.
I left a bit of the focus lens mount dial and the glass lens attached to the body of the camera so that I didn't lose the placement in the image then connected the lines in the drawn image.  I pinned my fabric to a sheet of wax paper so that the paint wouldn't soak through to my work surface.
I painted the pencil image using medium/acrylic mix.  Then let dry.

The fine lines I did with one of Boo's fabric markers.  I am not sure how well the the markers will wash.  I imagine you could also use a Sharpie marker.  Once dry, I went over all of it with an iron set to medium.


Envelope pillow case cover tutorial found here @ Instructables.com

DIY fabric paint tutorial here @ Instructables.com

No comments:

Post a Comment