Monday 11 December 2017

Faux Metalic Letter - Click image to read whole post

I wanted to get my hubby a metallic riveted alphabet letter for his man cave, similar to the one from my son's room, but couldn't find one.
What's a girl to do? Maker her own!
I bought a canvas letter form from Michael's using my 40% off coupon and bought a bottle of silver craft paint.  Everything else I already had on hand.
  • Craft alphabet letter form
  • Silver craft paint
  • Burnt umber craft paint
  • Pearl stickers (metal push brads would work too)
  • Craft glue (I used Ranger Glossy Accents)
1.  Glue sticker pearls in place of rivets, let dry.
2.  Paint everything silver & let dry.




3.  Using burnt umber to dirty up the silver, adding more where dirt and rust are most likely to collect.  Using a clean wet paint brush and drag down from rivets while the burnt umber is still wet for rusty water marks/drips.






No comments:

Post a Comment