Monday 10 August 2015

2 x 4 Word Blocks

Savory Stamping Original Post: October 2010 - BOO To You 

This was a super easy project. I cut the blocks from 2 x 4's. I painted them black with regular acrylic craft paint.  Then sanded down the edges for the shabby chic effect. On white card stock I stamped the background with a Stampendous block stamp in black ink, traced dollar store chipboard letters onto each block then filled in with marker.  (update, I have since started using cut vinyl letters using my Cricut.  You can use the letters straight on and add a protective polyurethane coat or use the negative of the vinyl and fill in the letters with paint.)




Here are some other projects done via the same method:
  

These blocks were paint speckled. I distressed scrapbook paper and painted the outlined letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment