Thursday 13 August 2015

October 2010 Wtich Candy Stand REPOST

This witch candy stand was originally posted on my previous blog Savory Stamping October 2010. 

Funnily enough I have now 2015 seen stuffed fabric legs at my local craft store, who knew I was a trend setter. I have seen them used on wreaths and sticking up from outdoor pots.

I saw a Trick or Treat stand at a local Fall craft fair, two years in a row. Both times I mentioned to my hubby that I could make one myself, I finally got around to it.

This is a GREAT Dollar Store project. Believe it or not it only cost me approximately $5.00 to make this Trick or Treat goody bowl stand. The majority of the parts I already had in my craft stash.


Original post found here.


The only items I purchased for this project are all from the Dollar Store: the candy bowl, the "Come In... " sign, the cat, the broom and the green craft paint. The green tutu was from my daughters dress up bin, but was originally purchased from the dollar store. She gave me permission to re-purpose this for my project.



The stand was built with 2x4's and spare wood. I had orange canvas type fabric on hand that I painted for the the boots and legs, which I then sewed together, and painted with Acrylic craft paint. 


*I wouldn't recommend making little swirly toes on the boots as I did - once sewn it was almost impossible to right side out the fabric and stuff them


The stand or base was painted black and then I made my own green crackle paint using Dollar store craft glue.  Find the crackle paint directions here from Dollar Store Crafts.com


AGAIN - This witch candy stand was originally posted on my previous blog Savory Stamping October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment