Friday 21 August 2015

Do you "Case"?

Here's my moral dilemma when it comes to casing:  I LOVE other peoples projects immensely, but can't help feeling "oh, I want to to do that too".  So I often "case" them.  Is this wrong, especially if the item is something you've seen for sale on "Etsy"?


This is my first attempt with vinyl, as you can see, my second sentence is not straight, oops. Not as noticeable IRL, huh! 

Someone else put the time and energy into the project and came up with the idea, so is it wrong to borrow their idea?

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, let's hope the "Etsy" artist I cased thinks so too.  Honestly, it wouldn't be something I would purchase on line any way, the shipping cost would be enormous.  Even if I were to see this in a store, I would think "I can make that, myself" and wouldn't purchase it.  Plus making it burns some of that anxious crafting energy.

I have to admit, I case all the time when card making, especially when I am in a pinch and I need something quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment