Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pallet Wood Bench & Tree House

Like I mentioned in the previous post.  I have been on a bit of a Pallet Wood binge.  I will be posting some of the projects I have made over the past few years.


The bench I made in the Summer of 2013 and the bird house was last summer, although I never got around to painting it until this Spring.  
 

This bird  house has seen a few incarnations and been given away as gifts to family and friends.


I aged the wood with a vinegar and steel wool solution, demonstrated here and used left over household paint for the top planks.
 
 
I made the crackle paint with Dollar Store glue, the cheaper the glue the better, but it can't be overly water downed glue.  Find the DIY Crackle Paint directions here.  ldjfd

No comments:

Post a Comment