Monday 10 August 2015

Fairy Garden Stump & House

Have you seen all the lovely Fairy Gardens around?  I have a broken pot that is just begging to be made into a Fairy Garden, but until I can get my hands on some succulents, this will have to do.

We have an old maple tree stump in one of our flower beds, my husband found a slice of discarded tree stump on the side of the road and placed it on top of our stump.  We've debated chiseling out a well for a bird bath or a flower pot, but have since decided this would make an ideal Fairy House and roof top garden.  


One step at a time, here is the front of the house I created.  I hot glued stones and twigs from the garden onto some scrap wood for an entrance roof.  The door is made from wood shims painted up Fairly style.  Some stacked up stones made for some cool steps.  Voila!


My daughter and I also made this cool Fairy House out of discarded birch branch that we smuggled home from one of our nature walks.


The top is cardboard formed into a cone shape and topped with Spanish moss.  The door are popsicle sticks.  We also make a cool little bench out of found thin twigs.  You can just make it out in the top right corner of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment