Tuesday 11 August 2015

Pallet Vinagar Jar Flower Holder

This is a project from last summer ~ 2014 ~

While perusing Pinterest I came across a cool flower holder using Pallet Wood.  I was on a bit of a DIY Pallet wood manic phase.

Any way, the Pinterest item was similar in style to the one I have made, but had 3 mason jars in the wooden holder.


I age my wood using the vinegar and rusted metal technique found here.


 I thought vinegar jars would be perfect, I wanted a holder for singular flowers like daisies, although hydrangea's look amazing in them too.  The burlap and "bloom" I came up with on my own.  Truth be told, I was desperate to try an acetone transfer technique and came up with a project just to give it a try.  I filled in my letters with a marker.  Unlike the video, I used an old plastic gift card to rub the image, not a knife.


 Here is a video by madebymarzipan that demonstrates the acetone transfer technique.  Remember font needs to be printed in reverse.

FYI - you can tranfer black and white photos with this method too.

Of course you could use vinyl lettering here.  At the time of this project, I didn't have any vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment