Saturday 8 August 2015

Burlap Rose Wreaths

I made myself a Fabric Rose wreath using the tutorial found on You Tube by mamt4.  Linen can be expensive at the fabric store, so I buy painter's drop clothes from Home Depot.  I once made an entire slip cover for my couch with just two packages.


Sorry for the sideways photo, apparently it's a know Blogger issue.  Didn't do it on my old site, oh well.  I was going to wrap twine around a wood cutout letter, but found some already done at Michael's for just $ 2.50 each.

Recipe:
  • grapevine wreath
  • burlap ribbon - 1 or 2 colours (the blue roses are fabric remnants from another project)
  • linen (I used drop cloth
  • pearls
  • twine covered letter (Michael's - $ 2.50)
  • hot glue
Following the same recipe I made one for my Co-worker.  The grapevine wreaths at Micheal's looked awful, they were dry, crunchy and covered in leaves, so I had to settle with a larger size then my first wreath.  I actually think I like the larger wreath better.

No comments:

Post a Comment